Do you like easy and inexpensive gifts? If so, this is the post for you. First of all, in the winter our lips can get so dry and chapped. This beautiful homemade lip care basket is the best. It includes my easy homemade lip scrub and lip balm. I’ve been making lip balm for years and it’s one of my girlfriends favorite homemade items to receive from me. Let me show you how easy it is to make this gorgeous gift.
In the winter with all the heaters and indoor activity our lips can get really dry and chapped. You can put all the chapstick on you want but unless you exfoliate the dry skin off it’s not going to be as effective.
These are the items you need to make the lip scrub
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 T Coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 t Grape-seed oil
- Essential oils- I used spearmint and Bergamot- I used 10 drops bergamot to 4 or 5 drops mint
- Glass jar for storing the scrub
- Various items for embellishing like ribbon and greenery pics
How to make the lip scrub
- Mix sugar with coconut oil and grape-seed oil
- Add essential oils- I added 4 mint and 6 Bergamot.
- Spoon the scrub into the jars
- Embellish as desired
This scrub is gentle on your lips yet very effective in exfoliating dead skin(and it’s tasty too ) The oils give a healing and soothing sensation.
Once I spooned the mixture into the jars, I added a cute label you can find here bergamot mint lip scrub. Then I added a pretty ribbon and tied on a sprig of greenery.
Then I tucked the scrub into a paper berry basket along with the lip balm.
Here are the items you’ll need for the lip balm
- 1 1/2 t Coconut oil
- 2 t Shea Butter
- 2 t Almond oil
- 2 t Beeswax
- 2 drops Vitamin e oil
- Essential oils- I used Bergamot and Mint 3 drops bergamot and two mint (you can add to the fragrance strength you like )
How to make the lip balm
- Combine all ingredients except essential oil in a double boiler
- Stir together as ingredients are melting to a liquid form
- remove from heat and add essential oils
- Pour immediately into lip balm tubes and keep them standing up, the liquid will harden up pretty quickly
- Add labels if desired
On low heat let all the ingredients melt together and then add your essential oils. There are so many combinations of fragrances you can do.
Once the liquid cools, it will harden in the tubes.
Then add a label if desired. I made these you can use bergamot mint lip balm
Once your products are made, you can add them in a cute basket and embellish a desired.
Say goodbye to dry chapped lips and treat your friends to a pampering treat. They will love this festive fragrance too. I love how cute it looks together and even more how inexpensive it is. Are you ready for Christmas yet? I definitely have a way to go but I know I’ll eventually get there. Thanks for following along and let me know if you make any of my homemade gift ideas.
SHOP THE POST
HOMEMADE LIP CARE