Hey friends, how is your holiday preparation going? Are you keepig things simple this year? I know that so many of us are staying home and these days many are baking and crafting more than ever. To me, homemade gifts are even more special because you put all our energy into creating it. I love giving this sweet bread to friends. It’s a great way to give a simple gift that others can enjoy and share on Christmas morning(or whenever they want) My mom used to give this to friends every year and has passed the recipe to me. I love to present my gifts in unique ways giving them a special touch. Here’s my recipe and how I’m preparing these homemade cranberry bread gifts for this year…
For this year, I’m wrapping the bread loaves in cute crates tied up in parchment paper and string. Here are the supplies you’ll need:
Shop Products Here
- small crate cartons, or baskets
- parchment paper
- red and white twine
- labels to print
- greenery to embellish
- mini loaf pans. (I usually use the foil disposable kind)
The recipe is so simple and I have it available to print at the end of the post:
First you just combine all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
Then you beat the eggs, milk and oil and add the dry mixture to wet until moist.
Next I stir in the cranberries, then pour the mixture into greased mini loaf pans an inch below the top to allow for room to rise.. You can make these into larger 1 pound loaves or into muffins as well.
While the bread is baking I prepare the containers.
I cut the parchment paper the width of the basket containers and long enough to wrap over the top of the bread.
Then I print these labels on regular label size sheets and adhere to simple brown paper tags. It’s nice to give simple instructions for options on serving the bread.
Once the bread is done and cooled, I remove the loaves and place in the baskets, wrap the parchment around the loaf then tie string around to secure the paper closed. I like to embellish mine with some fun wired greenery and then add the tag on top.
I think it’s such a pretty and fun way to present a sweet gift. It’s simple, inexpensive and so pretty.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick and easy gift to share with friends and family. It makes the best neighbor gift as well as co workers. I love to give some to our mail lady and delivery people. I think everyone appreciates a homemade gift that’s pretty, the details make people feel special.
Thanks for following along and giving me such great feedback, it’s always so appreciated. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with those near and dear to your heart.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 T baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- Chopped pecans or orange zest optional
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease the loaf pans
- combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- beat the eggs, then add milk and oil
- gradually add the dry mixture to the wet just until moist
- gradually add the cranberries and fold in gently
- pour the mixture into the pans , leave about an inch or so for the bread to have room for rise.
- bake 40 minutes. The bread is done when a knife inserted into the bread comes out clean
- for muffins fill the cups 2/3 full and bake 12 minutes
- cool on a rack until slightly cooled, remove from pans and place on a rack to fully cool.
- wrap your breads to desired look