It’s that time of year when I start making homemade gift items for friends and family. It’s one of my favorite traditions. I think giving a homemade gift is so special and unique. My favorite part is creating cute ways to package and present them. This beautiful mint milk bath is not only luxurious but smells amazing. With a few simple ingredients, let me show you how easy it is to make this homemade bath milk in minutes.
I love making gifts of luxury to pamper my friends. Milk bath is a beautiful additive to make your bath water silky and smell amazing. Plus, it looks pretty any way you package it. Plus, it leaves you with refreshed and silky smooth skin. I used mint to scent mine but you can do any fragrance you want, lavender and citrus notes are amazing too with their uplifting and relaxing properties. For more homemade gift ideas you can visit this post Beautiful Homemade Gift Ideas, How To Make A Pretty And Easy Mother’s Day Gift With Homemade essential oil products
Here are the ingredients:
- Dry milk- which is just dehydrated milk pressed into a fine powder. It also has a long shelf life.
- Cornstarch- gives a silky smooth texture to the water
- Baking Soda- a natural cleaning agent
- Essential oils- have many health benefits along with aromatherapy
How to make the milk bath:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. This recipe was enough to make 2 jars so you can duplicate based on the amount of jars you want to make.
- Add the essential oil of your choice. I used spearmint but any combination is wonderful. Since this is for a Christmas gift, I thought the mint was perfect for a themed gift. Also, remember it will be diluted in water so if it smells strong in the jar, it won’t once it’s diffused in the water.
- Mix well
- Add to the container of your choice. I found these at Hobby Lobby.
Did you know milk has lactic acid in it which an alpha hydroxy acid which dissolves proteins that hold dead skin cells together, allowing them to be released. Thats how you get that fresh, more youthful skin.
To package this cute gift I used jars with a little scoop attached. However, you could used any type of jar for storage then add a little spoon or scoop with it. I made these cute mint bath milk labels to add to the jar. I love making labels and when you subscribe to my blog newsletter you will get access to my free printable page filled with all kinds of gift and homemade product labels.
To finish off the whole look, I added some pretty red and white twine and a tiny piece of paper garland. Y’all that is it. Super easy and how cute is that to give. You can put these together in minutes and have beautiful gifts to give anyone on your list. The make fun party favors too .
I hope you enjoyed this simple gift idea. I have a whole series of ideas coming up so stay tuned. Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter for the latest updates and posts. Creating gifts can be super easy and very economical, give it a try!
SHOP THE POST
- 1 Cup Powdered milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 10-15 drops of essential oil
1. Mix all dry ingredients
2. Add essential oil
3. Stir well
4 Place in airtight jars and store up to 1 month