Wow, did this year fly by. I can’t believe we are about to start a new decade, the modern roaring 20’s how fun is that? I used to make the end of the year all about how to move into the new year with a bunch of goals and resolutions stretching the list too long then wondering why I couldn’t “complete the list”. Now, I find it much more satisfying to look back to see what I have already completed and accomplished. So, today I’m ending the year sharing some of my top and favorite posts and projects of 2019
Looking back over 2019, so much has happened including the launch of this new blog. I owe so much of my successes and joys to all of you. I appreciate our feedback, comments, questions and engagement so much. I want to thank each and every one of you for supporting me and I love nothing more than to inspire and encourage you to make your home and life enjoyable the best way possible. I’d love to hear what you would like to see more of in the coming year and what you enjoy most about following along here.
I wanted to share some of my accomplishments with you because you are a big part of them.
- My Instagram account @hipandhumblestyle has grown by leaps and bounds this year and I’m so close to 100k followers
- I worked with a wonderful web designer to recreate and launch this beautiful new website, giving me the ability to provide so much more for all of you. I think she did and incredible job creating something that really represents me and my style.
- Attended 2 blogging conferences: Thrive in Austin Texas and Haven in Atlanta Georgia. I can’t even believe how much information I received at these conferences not to mention the amazing people and friends I have met.
- Started several paid sponsorship collaborations with some wonderful companies to include; JCPenney, Home Chef, Grove Collaborative and several more. I love the opportunity to work with companies that have products I am excited about and to share with you. I hope to work with many more companies this year providing you with great source content.
- The opportunity to connect or meet with so many amazing people, including you my followers. Helping others to create and love their home and life is my greatest joy and my “Why”. The opportunity to collaborate with others and be a part of your home is my biggest accomplishment and the one that brings me so much satisfaction.
Now let’s see my most favorite projects and posts for 2019
Galentine’s day brunch
I loved hosting this fun brunch for my sweet friends. I wanted to give them an elegant celebration of friendship. From the table setting to the party favors, I shared the steps and details. I think my favorite thing was creating these cute goody boxes as part of the table setting. You can read all about this post here How To Host A Fun Galentine's Day Brunch
I added some pretty flowers to the boxes, and put some homemade goodies inside then incorporated them into the place settings.
The menu was yummy and of course served with a mimosa bar
Update a boring Hallway:
For this project I had teamed up with Nations’s Photo Lab and had these prints from our favorite vacation spots printed on canvas then placed them in plain black frames. To add some character and pop to the entire space we did a simple board and batten project. I love how it transformed the whole look. You can read all about how we did this here How To Update A Boring Hallway With Board And Batten & A Gallery Wall
This is one of our more recent bigger projects. I must say I was a bit nervous about this one but we are thrilled with how it turned out. I love the crisp feel it gives the whole area and it looks more updated and modern. Here are the details for this project How To Update Carpeted Stairs With Paint
Homemade Gift Idea Projects:
I love making things especially as gifts. I did several of these projects and so many of you loved it. This was a segment I did for Mother’s Day gift ideas but they could be used for so many occasions.
I think pretty packaging makes the gift even more personal and special. Finding fun ways to wrap a gift is one thing I love doing. I’ll be sharing more projects like this in the coming months.
These pots and topiaries were so simple to make. Here is the post on how to create these How To Create Vintage Inspired Pots & Make A Simple Topiary
Simple Ways to Update a Fireplace
Our fireplace update from 2018 was such a huge hit. It was a simple project and very inexpensive. After doing updates to our bedroom in 2018 Updating a Master Bedroom I knew I would be making some changes to the bedroom fireplace.
This was also a simple project that we started and kind of made up as we went along. I had an ideas of what I wanted it to look like so it was just figuring out the how. I love the changes and how much it now goies with all the other updates we made. Here are the details on how we made the updates .Simple Ways To Update A Fireplace
I think it looks so much better, what do you think?
Well I’d love to list all the projects because each one was so fun and made such a difference in many ways. I look so forward to this upcoming year and all that lies ahead. A few things I have planned as of now are:
- Attend the big Inspired Home conference and home show in Chicago
- Build a corner entertainment center in our great room
- Update our loft area with a feature wall and surprise addition
- Update our home office with a built in feature wall
Of course, many other craft and entertaining projects and ideas. If there is anything you’d like to see or have feedback to share, I’d love your comments.
Again thanks so much for your support and kindness, It means so much to me and gives me continued inspiration.