How To Make Grilled Pizzas

Hey y’all. So many people loved when I shared this fun meal on my Instagram stories, so I thought I’d better get all the details saved for you!

Entertaining at home is one of my favorite things to do. I love making our guests feel special by providing something unique and unexpected to their visit. Meals are always the main thing people center a party around and homemade grilled pizzas has to be one of our family and friends all time favorite meals to make when they come to our home. It’s really fun to involve your guests to make their own individualized pizza and they really taste amazing. Here’s another fun dinner party as well

As always, presentation of any meal is a big deal to me. It doesn’t have to be fancy or complicated. What I love about this meal is that everything can be prepared ahead of time and placed out as soon as you’re ready to prepare the pizzas.

Here’s what you need to make your pizzas

• Pizza Dough
  • Pizza sauce (store bought or make your own)
  • Grated cheese-two types mo and a fatty cheese such as cheddar
  • Fresh Mozzarella
  • Olive Oil
  • Chopped vegetables
    • green bell peppers (we like to grill them first)
    • mushrooms
    • colored peppers
    • sliced tomatoes
    • various meats-pepperonis, prosciutto, salami, sausage
    • Fresh Basil

Start with a good pizza dough. We actually either buy ours at the store ready made or you can visit your favorite Italian restaurant and see if they’ll sell you their dough. Then I place out a large wood butcher block with flour, a rolling pin and individual balls of dough. We have our guests roll out their pizza in the shape size they want, then they bring it to the grill.

The dough discs are then brushed with olive oil and placed directly on the grill oil side down. Then brush the other side while the dough is on the grill. Once the bottom is golden brown, you flip the crust.

While the crusts are grilling, our guests bring their plate back to the toppings set up and select all the toppings they want on their pizza and bring it back to the chef for him to add to their crust. The crust is brushed with the sauce then all the ingredients are added to the pizza. Then, set the pizzas off the direct heat and close the lid for about 10 minutes. Once the pizza is ready, guests bring their plate back to the grill to pick up their finished pizza.

It’s so easy and fun for your guests to be interactive and design their own meal – and they are very tasty. The fresh ingredients makes it so amazing and the grill adds such a nice crisp texture and flavor to the crust.

I hope you’ll try this out next time you are looking for a fun, outdoor meal. If you have any questions or thought, please let me know and I’d love to hear if you try them yourself. I always love to hear from you and appreciate your feedback.

Happy Entertaining!

August 2, 2019

1. Colleen

August 2nd, 2019 at 6:28 pm

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing a great summer entertaining meal.

2. txbittons@verizon.net

August 5th, 2019 at 10:25 pm

Hi Colleen,
    I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks so much for following and appreciate the feedback.

~Deborah xoxo

3. Teresa

August 5th, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Deborah! This looks amazingly tasty and a great idea for summer deck grilling! I’m planning on trying it and will report back!! Love your website and will visit you often!!

4. txbittons@verizon.net

August 5th, 2019 at 10:26 pm

Hi Teresa,

I’m so glad you enjoyed it and that you are going to try it! Thanks so much for following along I really appreciate your feedback.
    ~Deborah xoxo

5. Melissa

August 12th, 2019 at 5:49 pm

This looks like such a fun idea, and everyone can have what they want on their pizza this way. What temperature to you suggest grilling them at?
    Melissa recently posted…What Is the Best Way to Clean Grill Grates Without a Brush?My Profile

6. txbittons@verizon.net

August 21st, 2019 at 8:25 pm

Hi Melissa,

Yes it’s so much fun and really yummy! The temp really depends on your grill. It’s definitely one of those things you have to stay watching over the entire time. We’ve varied it based on several things but I would say keep around 350-400. Also, we remove from direct flames once the toppings are added and the cheese starts melting.

~Deborah

7. Frank

August 15th, 2019 at 9:20 pm

Yes, yes YES!!!! Grilling and Pizza… two of my favorite things! THank you
    Frank recently posted…How to Make BBQ Sauce from Scratch: 5 Homemade RecipesMy Profile

8. txbittons@verizon.net

August 21st, 2019 at 8:18 pm

Hi Frank,

Glad you enjoyed the post, its the best meal for grilling !
    ~Deborah

9. Samira Mitra

August 25th, 2019 at 11:45 am

Love the tips! Thank you for sharing!

10. txbittons@verizon.net

August 26th, 2019 at 10:50 pm

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for visiting!
    ~Deborah