Pretty spooky things…

I love decorating for Fall and Halloween. I usually put Fall decor out as soon as September hits, and then wait until about a week or 2 to add the Halloween decor. For some reason I get annoyed with the Halloween stuff everywhere for a long period of time. When my kids were young, I would do cutesy Halloween. Then as they got older we went more spooky. But since the kids are grown up (although they still ask when I’m putting out the Halloween stuff!) I have gone a little more sophisticated and “pretty” if that’s possible. Martha Steward kind of inspired me a few years ago with her glittered pumpkins. So I incorporated some of that into the decorations. I pretty much only do the entry way table, the kitchen table and the front entrance courtyard outside.

Here is a peek at my entryway table this year.

This is on the kitchen table
I got the inspiration for these bottles from several places and made them about 4 years ago. I recycled some wine bottles, used some labels from Martha Stewart Halloween collection, added some glitter and embellished the top with moss and a creepy skeleton.

A quick view of the front entrance

A past centerpiece (bad picture) I love the glittered skeleton bones

October 27, 2014

1. Amber

August 22nd, 2017 at 5:14 am

Love love love this! I have been following you on IG but just found your blog! I am tagging you in a post on IG about beautiful “pretty spooky” Halloween decor…my favorite too!

2. txbittons@verizon.net

August 23rd, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Hi Amber,
    So great to hear from you. I’m glad you found my blog and hope you will enjoy it and can find some ideas that inspire you. I Can’t wait to decorate for Halloween this year. Since we just moved into a new home, I’m always excited about decorating a new space. I’ll check out the tag…Thanks for commenting and following along. Invite your friends to visit too. Take care and happy decorating!!
    Deborah xoxo

3. Linda

October 29th, 2018 at 11:24 pm

Please, please, please, post more pics of your beautiful Halloween front Entrance. Best ever!!!!!! Bravo!!!!

4. txbittons@verizon.net

November 6th, 2018 at 2:35 am

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to do my porch this year for Halloween because I had a collaboration going involving my front door. However, my mantle from last year was featured in the fall issue of Country Sampler magazine. You are so sweet and I really appreciate your feedback. I hope you’ll come back often.
    ~Deborah

5. Linda

September 19th, 2019 at 5:44 am

Looking forward to your outdoor entrance Halloween display this year. Hopeful! 😉

6. linda

September 19th, 2019 at 5:46 am

Hopeful that you will post another Halloween outdoor entrance display this year. The best ever!

7. txbittons@verizon.net

September 25th, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Hi Linda,

Oh yes I will definitely be doing some Halloween table decor this year. Stay tuned…

Happy Fall!